<<Return to My Diary

<My Diary Archive 2017 My Diary Archive>


31 - Woke in the chair around 2:30am. PCd and set the BDMLR video uploading to Youtube etc through the night before heading to bed getting on for 4am!! Back up around 8:45am!! 19C+ in, 14C out. Grey . . . PCd the whole day away doing posts and video snips etc . . .walked BGdns gone 7pm . . ended up sat atop the gun emplacement just watching the wrold go by until sunset!!

ate chicken kievs, peas and chips . . asleep in the chair before to bed in the early hours.
30 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8:45am. 19C in, 18C out. Sunny. . .wlked late and headed straight down across FGn to look at the Brixham Marine Conservation Day events and activirties, starting at the exhibits near the yacht club. . carried on around the harbour and then out to the Breakwater beach. . ended up hanging around for HOURS taking all manner of photos (and a snip of video) of EVERYTHING!!

sat near the Golden Hind for my coffee before eventually heading home across FGn. . . PCd the rest of the day away uploading all the photos to FB. . . ate pizza with extra cheese as the BDMLR video uploaded to FB. . . promptly fell asleep in front the TV again!!
29 - Up around 9:45am!! 19C+ in, 18C out. Grey and misty to start with, but eventually turning mostly sunny again. . .felt tired and down, and not in the mood to be braving the sun and bank holiday crowds, and pointlessly wasted hours poking at bits of video on the PC, achieving nothing, rather than head out. . . eventually walked BGdns mid to late afternoon. Sat atop the usual gun emplacement for ages before eventually ending up down the harbour, sat out of the way on the harbourside steps at the waterline for my coffee . . shopped for a few supplies on the way home through town . . . guitarred for quite a long while in the conservatory. . . ate half a cheese cake followed by a small tin of tuna with chips . . . to bed around 1:30am.
28 - Up around 8:45am again. 20C in, 13C out. Grey. . . walked BGdns and sat atop the gun emplacement for a good couple of hours watching the heritage sailing boats out in the bay.

'Moonshadow' Rubber dingy shout

Eventually carried on down to teh harbour and then on out to the breakwater slipway to very briefly watch a minimal amount of the 'dragon boats' racing event. Carried on up to JGdns just past the breakwater intending to just quietly sit with my coffee.


as we headed back the awards for the dragon boat races were just being down so I managed to grab a few shots

shopped in town and scored a trio of reduced price pizzas. Whilst doing so, a serious shout was going on, just out in the bay! With no batteries left in teh camcorder and feeling real tired anyway, I ended up just sat around outside the shop listening-in for a bit

popped in JKs for a chat and coffee on the way home . . . PCd for hours . . . ate pizza . . to bed almost imnmediately after somewhere after 1am. Thankfully Bella ate today - presumably because I was very much more careful about only waiting exactly one hour after all her tablets..
27 - Up around 8:45am. 20C in, 17C out. Grey before some later sun . . .PCd catching up on some stuff and eventually decided to just skip the usual walk and carry on. Being the Brixfest festival down the harbour and all, I had no great desire to have to brave the crowds etc. Somehow ended up doing FB posts and editing bits of video ALL day!!!? . . .eventually decided for bella's benefit to do an evening walk (like we always used to). Walked BGdns around 7pm and sat around down there as the sun began to sink. Actually a bit of a brisk breeze down there meant it was by then less than warm after having sat around for a bit. A yacht that I'd heard on the radio much earlier in the day had lost engine power and needed a tow back, actually arrived under tow by another yacht whilst I was sat there, so of course I grabbed a few shots as it was handed over to the yacht club shuttle boat to to towed the final bit into a mooring. . eventually dared to head down into the harbour just to get a sense of what Brixfesty things were going on. My unpleasant introduction to things was a group of apparantly drunken young men all playing football amongst the crowd behind the 'road closed' barriers! Idiots. . wandered around the harbour briefly grabbing a few shots of a band playing and the (not 'that' big) drunken crowds, before briefly sitting on a seat by the old coastguard station for my coffee. . headed back around and home via the steps and FGn just before the firework display (to spare Bella any anxiety). . PCd and immediately did the work to upload this evening's photos to FB, before then trawling through looking at lots of other peoples, and therby being brought 'up to date' on what the Brixfest day and evening fireworks etc had looked like . . ate ham sandwiches, crisps and a tin of oxtail soup gone midnight . . . Bella immediately point blank refused her evening meal for the first time in a long while!!!! That is even more of a concern now that I'm putting her daily metacam dose into it. So - today she didn't eat and didn't have her metacam!!!! It IS 'possible' it was kinda my fault, in waiting just a little too long after having given her tablets before giving her the food. It does seem as though if I don't give her her food almost exactly one hour after the tablets, she ends up feeling sick? Because I was poking around on FB for so long, I think it may have been a couple of hours gap this evening! We shall see what she does tomorrow! :o( . . fell asleep in the chair, woke and to bed around 2:30am.
26 - Up around 7:45am. 20C+ in, 19C+ out. Sunny. . . walked BGdns, filmed a seal in the cove and then just sat around in the 'magic kingdom' for ages. Despite how beautifully sunny it was, there WAS quite a bit of boisterousness to the waters of the bay, and very little seemed to be out on it! Messed around on the lower rocks for a bit taking photos of the boats moored up in the cove showing complete disregard for the new sea grass eco-mooring etc. Cleared up a carrier bag of litter. . eventually headed down towards the harbour, picking up all the litter around the gun emplacement overlooking the harbour on the way. Most fishing day boats apeared to be in, and doing maintenace and hull painting etc. .eventually headed out to the small park past the end of the breakwater and sat around there for ages in the hope I'd get some footage of any passing vessels daring to go out. Got a few bits and pieces of jet skis playing with the waves and the like. The irony of the jet ski footage I got, was all the while I was filming, comms on the radio going on in my ear suggested that at that very moment, two jet skiiers were being rescude from a sinking jet ski somewhere, with an ambulance called etc etc. . . eventually headed back towards the harbour only to turn around and RUN part of the way back to the breakwater as fast as we could, to get some footage of trawler 'Lady Lou' heading out to sea. Got to the breakwater all breathless and shaking JUST in time to get a nice bit of footage. Yayy. . . home through town . . . PCd reviewing footage and posting pictures to FB until DF arrived around 7pm . . . coffee and chats until around 10pm . . . back to the PC and ended up posting a whole bunch of silly 'just for fun' captioned images to FB until deep into early . .ended up stood for at least an hour looking out of the wide open bathroom window (and trying to film) as a big thunder storm transitted to the North. Very spectacular multiple lightning flkashes, and strangely silent adding to the weird atmosphere. Must have been a long way away . . . quickly gulped down a ham sandwich, crisps and jaffa cakes before to bed around 4am.
25 - Up around 8:30am. 20C+ in, 18C out. Sunny and very hot already. . . woke at the PC and somehow ended up deciding to continue doing so to clear up some of what I felt was a backlog of things I wanted to get cleared up. PCd for hours editing the latest harbour fish spotting video etc. lol .Uploaded some of the recent FB snips to Youtube . . walked with Bella mid afternoon up the pet store for frozen dog food supplies. Returned and got it all cut in half and put in th freezer before then walking BGdns. . as I arrived in the lower part of the gardens, youths were tombstoning off the rocks in a less usual place. Boy was that a long drop, and SO very dangerous. I resisted pointing the camera at them and they soon moved on anyway. . sat atop the usual gun emplacement for a couple of hours pointing the camera at all the activity going on out on the water. Turned out to be more than I'd bargained for! The gigs were out, the yachts were out, fishing boats were coming in, and the ILB was even launched at one point (with CRTs also mobilised) to go check on tombstoners reported to have been jumping the 40feet or so into the sea from atop the old derelict quarry building at Berry Head!! . .I somehow took so many pictures and snips of video I ended up running out of camcorder battery again before then heading home!. . . PCd . . . cooked and ate two cheeseburgers with chips . . to bed very soon after somewhere near midnight.
24 - Up around 8:25am. 20C in, 16C out. Grey . . . woke at the PC monitoring the radios and listening to a mayday call from a boat taking on water right in sight of BGdns. It turned out to be that same circumstance of a broken hose attached to the engine, so that when the engine was turned off, the water ingress stopped. The boat was very quickly towed back into the harbour by the Brixham Express ferry. By the time the lifeboat was launched it was already all under control so they all went out for nothing again. . .walked BGdns late. The earlier grey soon cleared to sunny and very very warm. Carried on down around the harbour and out to sit on the breakwater for a while, but it was too hot there for comfort and we headed back to some shade in the harbour to sit around some more. Eventually back up to BGdns to watch some of the day boats coming back in before then straight home once my camcorder battery had run out . . . PCd for hours again posting to FB. . . ate ham, mayo and cheese sandwichs followed by a pack of jaffa cakes before straight to bed around 2am.
23 - Up around 8:45am. 19C in, 16C out. Grey . . .walked BGdns. A dog walker was sat on my usual seat so I sat on an alternative nearby, and we somehow ended up having a very long conversation about all manner of nonsense - including religion and then somehow conspiracy theories!!!!???? He believed in both!!

Carried on down to the too busy and hot for comfort harbour and sat around for my coffee on the harbour steps near the Golden Hind. .eventually headed back to BGdns and sat around taking yet more pics as the tall ship TS Royalist appeared out of the haze on the horizon and eventually made its way all around the bay and then into the harbour. Frustratingly used up the last of my camcorder battery taking shots as the day boats all began returning to harbour. . . home via the store for a few supplies after having been out on the walk for pretty much a good six hours!!!!!!! . . . PCd the WHOLE evening away posting all manner of nonsense to FB . . . ate a microwave cheeseburger in a bun, crisps, banana and cherry cake . . asleep in the chair and to bed around 3am or later . . .(Roger Moore has died).
22 - Woke in the chair around 4am all bunged up and head/neck achey. Struggled up to bed but couldn't sleep and ended up getting back up around 5am. 18C in, 12C out. Clearing to sunny. . PCd and at length, eventually finished editing down the capsized catamaran footage and started it uploading to FB. Took ages to upload and I ended up staying in waiting for it to finish before walking late. . . walked BGdns and then on down to the harbour to sit under the old fish roof for my coffee. Loads and LOADS of tiny fish were covering the waters of the harbour. A signwriter was meticulously hand-painting the name of one of the fishing boats in the old traditional way . Apparantly yesterday the ferry Dittisham Princess had collided with the passenger pontoon and actually put a hole in her side! Straigned to see it out on its morring being welded up, but it was just too far away and obscured. . Shopped for supplies on the way home through town . . . ate a tiny microwave meal of meat and mashed potato with a crust of bread followed by a banana . . . napped until around 6:45pm . . . PCd for hours doing yet more FB posts whilst monitoring the radios. A high risk misper search was being undertaken which eventually came to a conclusion with a man being safely detained up on Berry Head! . . . eventually uploaded the FB posts and became aware of the pointless horror of a terrorist attack in Manchester, with many killed and injured. :o( . . . TVd and ate a cheese and onion pastry slice, crisps, and half a mum donated cherry cake . . to bed soon after before 2am.
21 - Woke earlier then up around 7:30am, still with a 'bruise' like sensation of pain in the muscles of my right leg in particular, from the earlier cramp episode!!!!! Bit worrying all that. 18C in, 12C out. Mostly sunny . . .walked BGdns and just sat around there for ages taking just a few pictures of this and that. Nice and sunny but still a bit of a bite to the brisk wind in the shade. Sat around for so long, ended up getting pretty cold again. Eventually moved to the higher seat to warm up in the sun a bit and drink my coffee. . headed for Mum's and mowed both her lawns. That freebie 'salvaged' lawn mower really is pretty damned good at what it does. . . returned home and mowed both my lawns. . . PCd and uploaded the youths jumping in the harbour video to FBook. . drank a small slurp of Baileys . .

. . . TVd . . . ate a banana and six buttered crumpets with cheese around midnight. Immediately fell asleep in the chair!!
20 - Woke in the chair around 5am. Struggled up to lay on the bed for just a while, and eventually managed just a little more sleep. Up around 8:30am. 17C in, 12C out. grey . . . walked Bgdns and sat around for ages. Eventually carried on down around the harbour and out to sit on the breakwater for a while. It seemed the wind was getting up a bit as the day wore on, and sitting there was fairly exposed, cool and not so pleasant. All of a sudden a 'hoard' of local youths suddenly descended on the bit of harbourside next to the breakwater and all started throwing themselves and each other into the water.

Headed back to sit on a seat near the old coastguard station to drink my cold coffee. While still sat there, comms on the radio from one of the ferries in communication with the coastguard alerted me to an ongoing 'incident' across the bay. Apparantly a catamaran had capsized and the people on it were allegedly having difficulty righting it in the stiffening wind, and it was a cause for concern and various vessels were heading their way to offer assistance if needed. All THAT was too much to resist, so we quickly headed back along to the breakwater to see if we could see anything of what was going on, and just in case either of the lifeboats was going to end up being launched. . Sure enough, on high zoom through the camcorder, a few miles away across the other side of the bay it was possible to make out the unfolding drama. Two Western Lady ferries and a motor vessel ('JJ') were standing-by near the capsized catamaran. Filmed. Boy, that breeze sure had freshened. Real hard to film, getting blown around all over the place.

Sat near the rockfish cafe in the sun to warm up a bit before eventually heading straight home through town . . . PCd for hours.

ate the remaining cold chicken, crisps, four almond slices, some coffee spong roll and a banana. Slurped no more than a mouthfull of Baileys before managing to 'just' resist falling alseep in the chair, and to bed by around 1am. . .woke in the early hours with the most agonizing cramp in BOTH legs, but most painful in my right. Jeeze - I've never experienced anything like THAT before! REALLY bad! Ended up writhing on the bed before hobbling around desperately trying to shake it. Eventually managed to get back to sleep somehow..
19 - Up around 8:15am with the noise of a neighbour's hedge trimming. 18C in, 14C out. Sunny . . .walked Bgdns and the harbour for my coffee. Picked up the metacam packet from the post office shortly before they closed at 1am and then straight home. PCd for hours messing around with old bits of video to post to FB etc . . . TVd . . ate cold chicken with four bread and butter, two bags of crisps and then some sponge cake near midnight. .immediately fell asleep in the chair!!
18 - Up around 7:45am. 18C in, 13C out. Sunny . . . walked BGdns and then on down to the harbour and the small park past the breakwater, taking photos and video of 'everything' along the way!! Sat in the park overlooking the breakwater for quite a long while. A woman with a spectacular looking but rather 'bouncy' large poodle also entered the park at some point and we chatted. Unfortunately things went a bit haywire with the poodle and 'anti social' Bella, with the poodle kinda having a nip at Bella's back end, and then Bella responding and getting a bit unpleasantly serious. In short, before I leashed her up again, Bella managed to bite and draw a spot of blood on the poodle's side!!! Terribly embarassing! The woman was amazingly good about it (although I guess it WAS a fifty fifty thing) and even refused to take my name and number in case it was going to be a vet thing (although I doubted it). That all kinda ruined my mood for the day. . walked out to the end of the breakwater and confirmed that the workmen who'd been visible out there for the last couple of days, were indeed cementing up storm damage. A 'void' had been identified apparantly. . on the way back from the very end of the breakwater I picked up a plastic carrier bag to take to a bin. Turned out to have a freshly caught fish in it!! (I'd been so absorbed with taking photos of this and that, I hadn't even noticed if I'd just passed anyone just packing up from fishing). I ended up stopping at every place anyone was fishing to ask if they wanted the fish for bait. None did. I eventually asked the last angler on the breakwater who was in conversation with another, and lo and behold, the guy he was chatting with was the one who'd accidentally dropped the fish, so it was returned to it's rightful owner. lol . . the workmen had set up at a new location nearer the landward end of the breakwater, and were bizarrely power washing some of the rocks on the seaward side near the waterline. I assume they were preparing another site requiring repairs? . . . sat on a seat near the old coastguard station for a cigarette. A couple of people nearby eating chips suddenly moved and sat upwind of me!! They didn't say anything, but it suddenly dawned on me, it was because of my cigarette smoke. Once I'd finished sitting and started to carry on past where they were now sitting, I felt it was the decent thing to do to firstly confirm that was why they'd moved, and to then apologise for my thoughtlessness. (I doubt many smokers would have, but times HAVE changed about such things haven't they.) . . shopped for a few supplies and then home through town . . . arrived home to find a card saying I'd missed Bellas metacam delivery and it would be collectable from the delivery office from tomorrow. . .ate ham sandwiches, crisps and a couple of jaffa cakes . . napped until 7pm . . . PCd the whole rest of the evening away until the early hours, posting snips of video and pictures to FB . . . ate a banana, three buttered crumpets covered in cheese, a couple of almond slices and a couple of jaffa cakes . . . to bed gone 3am.
17 - Up around 9:30am!! 18C in, 13C out. Rain . . walked BGdns in the rain. Sheltered in the usual gun emplacement for ages. Young 'coasteers' were leaping off rocks into the sea just along the coast so I grabbed a few shots and a clip of video. Also photod a few of the passing boats. All the while, workmen 'appeared' to be doing some cementing repairs to the seaward side of the breakwater - all in the pouring rain! Rather them than me! . eventually carried on down to the harbour to sit on the floor under the old fish market roof for my coffee. A VERY begdraggled and poorly looking pigeon was also sat under there holding a painful leg in the air. It didn't look long for this word. :o( Once I'd finished my coffee, I DID have a go at slowly getting up close to it, and eventually threw my coat in an attempt to catch it, but sadly 'just' missed and it then flew off. As far as I could tell, it's left leg was all being destroyed by tightly wrapped fishing line, with even a possibility the actual fishing hook was stuck in it's foot too. A heart tugging sight, of unbelieveable suffering! :o( Kicking myself I missed getting hold of it. . shopped for a chicken and supplies on the way home through town . . . PCd FB posts for hours . . . TVd . . . ate cold chicken and four pieces of bread and butter followed by a handful of jaffa cakes . . . eventually to bed around 2am.
16 - Up around 8am. 18C in, 12C out. Grey and drizzley . . . slow getting going. Rang the vet and confirmed the script was ready to collect. Eventually walked real late straight across town to pick up the prescription

carried on down to the harbour and grabbed a few photos here and there in the rain before pretty rapidly heading along and up into BGdns to shelter in the usual gun emplacement for a long while. A tall ship was anchored not far off the gardens so of course more photo taking etc. . eventually moved up to sit under cover of the roof to drink my coffee. While sat there, someone parked up on the road entered the gardens and put some rubbish in the bin near the entrance. Weird thing was, I could see him squeezing a pair of yellow (fishermans style) steel toecapped wellington boots in there!??? He eventually returned to his car and drove off, so when I'd finished sitting and drinking my coffee, I couldn't resist having a look in the bin as we started to head home. As far as I could see, there was nothing wrong with those boots, so I pulled them back out together with someones discarded carrier bag and ended up taking them home! . . one padded insert from those boots is missing (and easy/cheap to buy and replace), but otherwise, I can see nothing wrong with them at all!???? . . immediately went on line, uploaded a scan of the prescription and ordered a large bottle of metacam from the online pet drug supplier. I even paid an extra 4 postage to have it as soon as possible (because I'm real low on the small bottle the vet gave me last week).. . PCd for hours and ended up returning to posting stuff to Facebook - with a vengeance.

. . . TVd . . little appetetite but ate a pack of jaffa cakes and then ham and mayo sandwiches with crisps. Immediately fell asleep in the chair. . woke and to bed around 3am only to then toss and turn for ages, unable to get back to sleep.
15 - Up around 8:20am. 18C in, 12C out. Grey and light rainy. . . called the vet to broach the subject of getting a perscription for the metacam type stuff she is now also on. The tiny 32ml tube I was given is going to VERY soon run out. I was told they'd try to sort things out for me by tomorrow . . . walked and headed straight down through town to the harbour. Not long after arriving down there the siren for the lifeboat launching was sounded, so we rushed along towards the breakwater to watch it go. Ended up filming it just a bit of course. Their shout whatever it was turned out to be around Dartmouth way, so there was no way of me eavesdropping their comms on my scanner from down there. . a mucky drizzley day. A big four legged work platform was being towed around out in the bay as it apparantly sheltered from bad weather. . Sat in the small park near the breakwater for a while. Found a black towel left there in the rain by someone. A carrier bag was also blowing around on the floor nearby, so I ended up popping the towel in the bag and taking it with me! Should be at least good for wiping down Bella after a wash. . briefly sat on the breakwater before taking shelter from the rain and eventually heading back around the harbour and up into BGdns to shelter in a gun emplacement for a long while. Ended up pointing the camera through the murk at anything that moved. .at some point I was joined in sheltering in the bunker by a man and his young son.

it was HIM who'd been the subject of the shout I'd been listening-in to the other night!

ran out of camcorder battery just as the tall sail ship Royalist was manouvering in the bay and preparing to enter the harbour. Damn - missed getting some final shots as it did so. . headed home, really tired out. Stopped at the pet store for frozen tripe etc supplies on the way . . . PCd, and after loads and loads of recent deliberations, bit the bullet, and decided to start uploading some things to Facebook again. The fact of the matter is really quite simple - I film and photograph all the things I do, explicitely TO share with others. That's really the whole reason for me doing it all. If I'm not sharing what I've seen with others, then there really is no point for me whatsoever in recording anything at all.

uploaded a bunch of pictures to the fishing group - and immediately felt all paranoid and uptight as a result!!? . . TVd . . . forced down three sausages in bread and butter followed by a handful of biscuits . . fell asleep in the chair. Woke and to bed gone 3am.
14 - Very poor sleep of only a few hours and then back up around 8:45am. 17C+ in and out. Sunny between big shower clouds. . .walked Bgdns - with my guitar, to test out the new carry bag! . . sat around for ages on the lower seat, and eventually making a little noise with the guitar. It felt weird and kinda uncomfortable to be 'out' with it like that - given I STILL can't actually play anything. Nevertheless, the cheapo bag did the job, so it IS something I can maybe sometimes do if I ever get in the mood in the right weather. . eventually straight home feeling headachey and real tired. . .ate ham and mayo sandwiches with crisps before returning to bed . . back up with neighbour noise around 6:15pm . . listened in briefly as the ALB was launched on service to a broken down speedboat (without a radio) off Paignton. By the time the ALB had launched and was starting to make its way out of the harbour and across the bay, it reported back to Solent coastguard it was passing the speedboat coming in the other direction! Turns out the boat had managed to get its engine running again and was happily heading back into Brixham. Those lifeboat guys must HATE shouts like that where they go through all the hassle of being called out and getting the boat out, only to just turn back around and head home, all for nothing!! . . . TVd/guitarred another evening away. . ate five buttered scones with grated cheese and a pack of jaffa cakes . . . to bed around 2am.
13 - Up around 8am. 17C in, 14C out. Sunny . . .woke at the PC and then delayed walking to finish off the edit of yesterdays ALB shout footage. Eventually walked BGdns late, leaving the PC uploading the ALB shout video to Youtube. Aimlessly sat around in BGdns for ages, in the seemingly increasingly mild/warm temperatures. . home via the store. The guitar case/carry bag I'd ordered had been left on the doorstep by the post office! Fits the guitar ok and seems remarkable for the money on the face of it, although I'm under no illusion, it'll probably fall apart real quick if I ever do actualy start to carry the thing around. . cooked and ate three sausages, two fried eggs and chips . . . napped . . . TVd/guitarred . . . ate bowls of co-co pops with chocolate milk . . .ended up on the PC aimlessly surfing nonsense until deep into the early hours. Haven't surfed crazy stuff like that, just for 'entertainment' for ages. Even looked at motorcycles and cars for sale!! lol . . it DOES appear that I have picked up something of 'a troll' on my Youtube account. Seems to be a regular thing now that whatever I upload, I'm quite likely to get 'a thumbs down/dislike' from someone who is presumably among my subscribers. What possible pleasure then can get from going out of their way to press the dislike button is utterly beyond me. I can't help but be 'aggravated' by them doing so, but especially because Youtube offers no means to identify who it is, so there is nothing I can do about it. :o( . . .eventually to bed well past 4am with light in the sky and after all the morning chorus of birdsong!!!
12 - Up around 8am. 16C in, 12C out. Grey . . .walked BGdns. Filmed as the ILB was called out to a shout across the bay other side of the bay. Comms suggested a woman in drink on the rocks beneath the Kilmorie flats - but someone well known to all the services, so clearly a mental health issues thing!! Although just blurred dots in the distance (4 or five miles away!), I was actually able to film the entire proceedings as she was transferred to the paramedics and police on Meadfoot beach, and then taken away in an ambulance, etc. . once I'd done filming we climbed to the higher seat to relax and to have my coffee. It THEN became apparant that the ALB was being launched to assist a yacht that was heading back into the harbour taking on water. Rushed back down to the lower seats/gun emplacement and filmed again. By the time the ALB was launched, the yacht (escorted by a fisheries rib, but with people on board bailing with a bucket) was almost back inside the harbour so it was one of the shortest shouts possible, and the lifeboat simply escorted them back in to the town pontoon. Couldn't resist heading down to the harbour to grab a little more footage. Turned out it'd had some sort of corrosion failure to a part of the cooling system, and it was only allowing water in when the engine was running, so no danger from sinking etc. . . shopped for a few supplies before home through town . . . PCd for hours editing footage. Still at it when DF called in at 7pm . . set the ILB shout video uploading as we argued, drank coffee and ate biscuits until around 9pm . . . TVd . . . ate grated cheese on four buttered crumpets followed by a whole pack of reduced price mini battenburg cakes. Drank some baileys followed by chocolate milk . . . to bed around 2am.
11 - Up not much before 9am! 16C in, 10C out. Rain . . .walked BGdns late after the rain had mostly cleared. Very misty murky across the bay. Home via the store. . . started the car up for the first time in absolutely ages and made sure it still runs etc. That little solar charger I have sat inside on the dashboard obviously works a treat, and the thing started up first go right away. At one point the drivers door lock mechanism jammed and threatened to remain so, but thankfully a bit of brute force eventually freed it!! The rear left door remains locked shut and impossible to open. :o( . . put in hours messing around with the rotting wooden gates to the 'carport'/back garden. All the nails and screws holding them together appear to be rusting out, and the timber itself seems to have shrunk and warped, pulling the rest of the nails and screws out. Ended up using some of the remaining screws from the fence project to lash the timber all back together as best I could. The screws were really too long, so I had to use the angle grinder to laboriously grind off all the projecting screw points for safety! It was gone 6pm by the time I was done and had cleaned up and reaffixed/realligned and greased all the gate bolts and had the gates 'botched' back together and hopefully serviceable for maybe a few more years. . . TVd . . . ate ham and mayo sandwiches with a large bag of crisps followed later by jaffa cakes and then glasses of milk and chocolate biscuits . . . to bed around 2am.
10 - Up around 7:30am. 17C in, 9C out. Some sunny spells. . comms on the radio - a shout of someone over the quarry cliffs at Berry Head!! . . PCd and without any pointless in depth searching, casualy ordered a guitar carry case off Amazon for under 10 delivered. High time I had the ability to be able to carry the thing around on my back, for the VERY rare occasions it would maybe be nice to be able to sit in BGdns on a nice day, practicing the VERY little I can do! . . .walked BGdns and sat around for ages again, as the chilly grey turned to sunny again. Home via the store . . . ate a slice of gala pie, crisps and a large sausage roll . . . dismantled Mum's old lawn mower in the back garden and had a poke at why it was intermitantly making the awful screaming noise it does. Turned out to be nothing more than a small plastic fan disk attached to the motor shaft for drawing cooling air through the motor. As best I could tell, it was a friction fit which over time has become loose and often doesn't spin at the same speed as the rotor. The bad news was, it appeared there was no safe way of dismantling that part of the actual motor/rotor because of the friction fit bearings etc at each end. I DID try driving some hot glue into the narrow gap next to the disk, but that very quickly was obviously not going to work, so I ended up having wasted all that time and just putting it all back together exactly as it was. Quickly tested it on my back lawn and confirmed it still does a pretty good job of cutting the grass - despite the occasional awful noise. Too good to throw out yet, so it was returned to my garage for possible future use. WHAT a waste of time all that was! . . napped until the alarm at 7pm waking me from a nightmare . . did dish washing chores . . .TVd/guitarred . . ate two chicken kievs with just a large pile of buttered peas gone midnight. . . to bed around 2am.
9 - Up around 8am. 16C in, 8C out. Grey . . . walked BGdns. Home via the store . . . ate a small pasty, crisps and a couple of chocolate biscuits . . .trimmed my hair and got clean. . did laundry. . PCd and knocked up the small bald robin video and uploaded it to Youtube. Listened in as a yacht lost engine power just off Berry Head, and was saved from going onto the rocks by one of the local ferries before being handed off to the lifeboat. . . TVd. Ended up watching a whole bunch of guitar tutor videos on Youtube - and mostly not even picking up my guitar! They were just educational and entertaining to me without even having to try (and fail) to do them. lol . . ate bowls of sugary weetabix (6+?) . . to bed around 1am.
8 - Woken by next doors barking dog at 8am. 17C in, 11C out. Sunny . . set more snips of video uploading to Youtube. (Callan ; BM10 ; BM15 ) Walked BGdns. .arrived home to find the new cable for Mum's lawn mower had been delivered (left outside under a recycle box). . . cooked and ate a meat pastry slice with peas and chips . . walked up Mum's with a rucksack and set about fitting the new longer cable to the mower. Turns out maybe a couple of metres more would have been better, but it DOES now reach all of both front and back lawns when plugged in the garage sockets, so that'll do. . . returned home with Mum's old broken mower, to either have a look at to fix, or more likely to dismantle to bin. Dumped it in my garage for some other time . . napped for not even a couple of hours . . . TVd . . ate bowls of chocolate milk co co pops followed later by tuna and mayo sandwiches and crisps . . . to bed around midnight.
7 - Woke earlier then up around 8am. 16C in, 11C out. Sunny spells . . walked BGdns. . home via the store for a few supplies . . . PCd for hours editing down and compiling some of the bits of video I'd taken of boats in the boisterous bay on the 5th. . . drank a little wine. Ate two ham, cheese and mayo finger rolls with crisps and coleslaw followed by a couple of chocolate biscuits . . . napped leaving the PC running the couple of uploads to Youtube. . TVd/guitarred . .ate co co pops with chocolate milk . . .it was gone 11pm by the time the two videos had uploaded to Youtube! Nimrod , Yacht Kindred Spirit. Sat back and 'proof' watched them on the TV with the Roku box. SO much better to be able to see them on the TV like that. :o) . . PCd working on other snips of video until around 3am before to bed.
6 - Up around 7:30am. 16C in, 9C out. Grey and showers . . waking at the PC I had a message to say the Roku box I'd ordered was out to be delivered today. Ended up deciding NOT to walk Bella today to wait in for it. . . reluctantly PCd the day away. Messed around with the bits of video I'd recorded yesterday for a long while. With hingsight, it's all pretty lackluster stuff and largely pointless I think. . ended up on-line doing a 'live chat' with the domain host support people, trying to get to the bottom of how to resolve this 'site blocked' issue. They really were pretty much no help whatsoever. Ended up in desperation requesting they just delete everything and allow me to rebuild/reupload the entire site afresh. It appears that even doing that isn't going to get the (Telsweb especially) site back up and running as it should be, because it has been flagged up and blocked by Google. As best I can make out, once the site has been rebuilt all clean and fresh, I then have to somehow request it be examined by Google before it may eventually be unflagged as unsafe etc. Beats me how the search engines have suddenly become so all powerful in what is and isn't allowed! So, SO tempting to just pull the plug on it all and walk away. :o( . . . after being up tight and waiting in all day, with a headache and feeling very iffy, and with it so late it looked as though it wasn't being delivered today after all, , I just HAD to go and lay down for a bit. . at 6:30pm the parcel delivery finally arrived! . . .messed around in front the TV setting up the box. It did NOT go smoothly and the actual online registering of the thing and setting up of the required account ended up having to be done on the PC (rather than my tablet which repeatedly refused to complete the process). . at last I had it all set up and was able to actually start playing around and seeing how it worked etc. It all seems to work ok as advertised and all that, but it wasn't long before I wished I'd not bothered and had just gone out and spent the extra money and bought a new smart TV instead. All it does is give me back 'some' of what the TV used to do before they stopped support for all its smart functions - but with a whole seperate box to power and another remote etc, etc. It of course doesn't give me back any of the 'channel guide' functionality, so I still haven't a clue what's on throughout the day and can't set reminders for programs I'd like to watch etc etc. :o( Having said all that, it does of course give me the ability to watch all the IPlayer and catch-up stuff, and it DOES give me back the ability to sit back and watch Youtube stuff on the main TV again (without having to wrestle with the tablet etc). It's 'almost' worth the money for ME, just to have that Youtube ability back. I guess there really was no way of really knowing until I'd actually had my hands on one to play with, but I DO now wish I'd just bought a new TV instead - so I DON'T feel 'pleased' about having spent all that money. Ended up watching a bunch of Youtube videos throughout the evening - including a few of my own! lol . . . ate a ham and mayo sandwich with coleslaw and crisps followed later by jaffa cakes and a cup of chocolate milk . . . to bed around midnight or whenever.
5 - Woke around 6:30am feeling iffy, achey and overheating. Up after 7am. 16C in, 9C out. Grey and blowy. . . received an email from the site host informing me they had detected 'unusual' activity on my account and they had suspended it!!!!? Oh FFS!!!!!!!

left the PC on running malware and anti virus scans - again. . walked BGdns and ended up sheltering from the cold gale force winds in the usual gun emplacement. All the ferries were suspended because of the conditions, but suprisingly a couple of pleasure boats braved the rough seas and went out into the bay while I was there. Couldn't resist a bit of filming as they did so. . despite concern about Bella's aches and pains and whether or not she could cover the distance, we ended up eventually heading slowly down around the harbour and out to the small park just past the breakwater to sit around for ages 'laying in wait' for any other boats going out. Ended up just sitting around there for hours, filming the occasional passing boat or seal etc.

shopped for a few supplies in town on the way home . . the PC scans had all completed with everything clear - again . . . felt exhausted and maybe even a little mildly sunburned to my face somehow. . cooked and ate chicken coujons with chips and ketchup . . . DF called in for arguments until around 10pm. . . ate chocolate biscuits and chocolate milk . . . to bed gone mindight.
4 - Up around 7:20am, aching. 16C in, 9C out. Grey but brightening . .annadin tablet, cigarettes and coffee for breakfast. . .walked Bgdns and eventually back in the hazey sun . . PCd and eventually ordered 15m of new twin core 1mm orange cable for Mum's 'salvaged' lawnmower off e-bay. 'I' reckon it'd be better with an even longer cable (20m), but that would probably present a 'bit' of a hassle stowing the cable when not in use, and 15m will 'probably' reach both front and back gardens ok from the plug points in her garage without resorting to extension leads - or plugging it into house sockets through a window (like she did in the past), so worth a 10 shot . . . walked slowly with Bella across town for the 2:10pm vet appointment. . age related joint inflamation/pain was quickly agreed.

A small tube of Metacam type liquid . . . 40

carried on down town to buy food supplies. Struggled straight home with a heavy rucksack and carrier of potatos to carry . . . ate a couple of small sausage rolls, crisps, pickled onions and biscuits . . . napped . . . TVd/guitarred . . .gave Bella her first dose of the new metacm type liquid with her food . . .ate ham and mayo sandwiches, crisps and then bowls of sugary weetabix . . . to bed around midnight.
3 - Up around 7:30am. 16C in, 11C out. Mostly sunny. . . Mum called to touch base . . walked Bgdns. . back to Mums and used the salvaged mower to mow all her lawns . . eventually headed home via the pet store for dog food supplies. Mowed and strimmed both my lawns. Pottered around in the garden for quite a while, lifting a couple of slabs and transplanting a few bits of campanula into the border up by the garage, and then messing around with the broken bird feeder before getting it back in the tree with some VERY old nuts in. . .TVd, aching . . . ate jaffa cakes and then a chicken kiev, peas and chips . . to bed around midnight.
2 - Up around 8am. 15C in, 8C out. grey. . . rang up and made an appointment to see the vet . . walked BGdns. . . did dish washing chores while running lengthy malware etc scans on the PC. It's become SO slow and 'flakey' of late, I don't see me being able to simply carry on with it for much longer! . . . drank wine. Ate a chicken kiev, peas, chips and a banana. . napped until 7pm . . . PCd. Went on-line, bit the bullet and ordered 1m Ultra HD HDMI cable 5.45, Roku 2 Streaming Media Player 54.99 from outlets on Amazon. I could have bought one plenty cheaper from the 'local' PC world store over Torquay way (advertised NOT for home delivery!?) , but without transport, even though its only a few miles away, just getting to the place would have been an expensive couple of bus trips and would have taken easily half a day+!! Add on not wanting to leave Bella home alone for such a length of time, and her now not really up to walking any great distance etc, it really was just too much hassle to even think of attempting it. . I 'could' have gone for the later slightly more expensive model, but I gather that model does all manner of stuff that I really have no use for. All I want to be able to do is have access to Youtube etc, and largely 're-capture' some of the features that have been 'turned off' on my existing TV, which has become SO frustrating to use now. It was either have a go at trying out one of these sort of add-on boxes, or buy a whole new TV!!

TVd/guitarred . . . ate ham and mayo sandwiches with crisps followed by biscuits . . to bed around 2am.
1 - Up around 7:45am. 16C in, 8C out. Rain. . . walked late. On the way to BGdns I spotted a makeshift 'staff' badge, dropped in the road by one of the Battery museum volunteers. It'd been driven over and had been rained on so was really of little further use, but I figured I'd somehow hand it in, just so they knew it wasn't being misused etc. Sheltered in the gun emplacement for a while before then sitting on seats after the rain started to mostly clear. . at length we started to head back, but via the museum which was due to open at 2pm. People were just arriving to open it, so I quickly handed over the ID badge. . . home via the store for a few supplies and some cash. . ate a couple of sausage rolls, crisps and a banana . . . messed around for ages in front the TV dismantling the fishing reel I'd salvaged from the harbour a while ago. Cleaned up all the internals as best I could, applied some wd40 and grease here and there, and eventually at length got it all free running and appear to have it entirely useable again. Dunno why I bothered really. I can't see me ever using it. I just can't get over not wanting to hurt anything - and that definitely includes fish! Oh well - at least its done with and I can kinda store it somewhere and forget about it for a bit now. . .TVd struggling to stay awake . . . ate bowls of co-co pops. . . fell asleep on the sofa. Woke and to bed around 3am.