<<Return to My Diary

<My Diary Archive 2016 My Diary Archive>

June -/unfinished/-
- Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8:30am. 19C in, 17C out. Sunny spells. . . oops - I'd forgotten to take my evening fluoxetine tablet again yesterday.

managed to use an old tupperware to catch a sample of Bella's pee . . .woke at the PC before eventually walking with Bella up and down the lane out back for a bit. She seemed to be acting quite bouncy to start with and I even kicked her ball up and down just a little. Walked up and down a couple of times, but it wasn't long before she appeared to have had enough and we headed back in again. . . called the vets surgery and asked for supplies of tablets. .transferred some of Bella's pee into a washed out e-cigarette container. Left Bella home alone (with the TV on quietly) and walked across town to the vet to drop off the urine sample and pick up tablets and pay the outstanding bill for the tablets and yesterdays home visit . . . briefly shopped for a few supplies in town before then heading home. Detoured on the way back to have a bit of a look at the nearby bus stops

bought some dog food in the local pet store

. . .ate two packs of sausage rolls, crisps and a banana. Managed with some difficulty to get Bella to eventually eat a couple of sausage rolls. . napped early until almost 5pm . .

vet called with urine 'result'. Inconclusive

TVd the evening off . . . ate a pack of chicken thighs and most of an apple pie! I ate enough food for a couple of days today!?! I'm actually starting to feel 'fat' and uncomfortable all the time. :o( . . Bella ate the small amount of chicken and bones etc that I didn't eat, followed by a handful of gravy bones and a few bourbon cream biscuits. Far too little again. . . to bed by 1am.
29 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 9am again. Lately I seem to be getting more sleep than I have done for years, but I STILL wake feeling exhausted and feel tired out ALL the time nonetheless. :o( 19C in, 14C out. Drizzle and wind. . . Image of Bellaslowly woke at the PC before eventualy donning a coat and heading up and down the back lane a couple of times with Bella. When we first went out there, she was all bouncy and vocal as though she was feeling ok and well up for it! After a couple of walks up and down the lane she was soon hanging behind me and exhibiting the 'trembling back leg' thing a bit again, and seemed more than content to head back inside to sleep some more. . . PCd a bit of this . . . ended up phoning the vet's surgery in 'desperation/guilt' and explained a little of what's going on to the woman on reception. It was agreed the vet would give me a phone call later. . I'm suffering 'guilt' because I haven't been back to the vet since she had her 'stroke' or whatever it was on 12th June. 'I' am convinced there really is little point, particularly since she isn't actually exhibiting any real signs of 'suffering' as such, and of course because the vet has been calling her 'miracle dog' for so long (because she hasn't died yet as he'd long ago forecast she likely would!) I mean - really, under the long ongoing circumstances, what's the absolute best he's liable to do? Start giving her an injection or two - start messing around altering her doses of medication, etc - all in the hope that it 'may' make things temporarily 'better' for her (which seems TOTALLY unlikely to me)? Oh god, this is all agony! Just actually getting her to the vet is now a major problem for me. Walking her all the way there is now completely out of the question - so it'd have to be a taxi (assuming I could find one willing to do the trip!). I never expected to end up in a situation like THIS! I'd assumed a week or two ago she'd just get worse and force my hand, or maybe even just pass away in her sleep some time. God knows, I've been hoping she'd pass peacefully in her sleep. Every time I wake from sleep my first thought is, is she still with me - and I'm always 'disappointed' when I look over to her in her bed and find she still is! She is SO 'peaceful' when just laying around the place now, at times she seems to be barely breathing, and I often end up staring at her trying to see if she still is! Despite that, she still has the energy to bark at the postman, race out into the garden in a barking pursuit if there is a pigeon or crow out there, race down the garden barking when Mum or anyone else calls, can still (just!) be tempted to eat some best chicken, can still climb the stairs and continues to appear 'content' as long as she is just near me all the time, etc, etc. What am I supposed to do? What AM I 'supposed' to do??? What IS the 'right' thing to do? Of all people, who am 'I' to judge?! I AM - um - 'fearful for myself' when she is gone, because it's been a long while now since I could see any point (apart from caring for her) in continuing with my life - but that is NOT why I'm still reluctant to have her 'put down'. Ironically it seems to me that whilst there is NOT (as far as it's possible to tell) definite pain or 'suffering', she has every right to live as long as is reasonably possible. Just because I'm having a real hard time carrying on with her like this, isn't reason enough in itself to just 'throw her away'. I owe her more than that - surely? Life IS 'precious' isn't it? What absurd and bitter irony.

sat around all up tight just waiting for the vet to call.

Asked for a home visit (whatever the cost!)

sat around even up tighter waiting for the vet to call in

TVd . . . tried to take Bella's heartbeat a couple of times. Not easy.

. . . managed to get Bella to eat some frozen tripe and most of three chicken drumsticks . . . ate corned beef and mayo sandwiches, crisps, biscuits, banana and chocolate . . . to bed by 1am.
28 - Woken earlier by piano playing, snoozed on then up around 9am. 20C in, 18C out. Sunny spells. . . woke at the PC as usual before slowly walking Bella up and down the lane a couple of times. . . strimmed and then mowed the badly overgrown back lawn before the rain arrived. . .PCd/drank a bit of red wine while mixing and messing around with my e-liquid supply . . . napped . . . TVd . . . tempted Bella to eat three chicken drumsticks. Otherwise she ate nothing again. . . drank a bit more wine. Ate a small meat pastry slice, a packet of mini meatballs, crisps, banana, biscuits and chocolate . . . to bed by 1am.
27 - Woke earlier more than once, snoozed on then up around 9:15am. 20C in, 20C out. Sunny . . walked up and down the lane just a little before then sitting at the top of the garden for a while. When we first went out there, D's dog from up the lane was there, and Bella kinda ran towards him for a bit of a 'play' as normal! . . . just sat around for hours again. . ate a small pork pie, a large sausage roll, crisps and a banana . . napped . . . TVd . . . tempted Bella to eat three drumsticks and a small pork pie . . . ate a pasty, crisps, banana and co-co pops. . . to bed around 1am.
26 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8:45am. 19C in, 16C out. Grey and drizzley . . . walked up and down the lane just a little before then sitting at the top of the garden with Bella for ages. . . left Bella home alone and popped up the local store to draw out some cash, buy a few supplies, but mostly buy a bottle of wine to help me get through another day! . . treated Bella to a pork pie which she ate straight away . . . drank a couple of glasses of red wine. Cooked and ate two quarter pound cheese burgers in baps . . . napped . . . TVd . . . managed to tempt Bella to eat a little, with three chicken drumsticks and another pork pie . . . ate three kipling apple pies, co-co pops and a little chocolate . . . TVd/PCd until back to bed around 3am or later.
25 - Up at 9am. 20C in, 17C out. Sunny. . Woke at the PC as a significant shout ensued. Jennifer Anne called pan pan. A female faller on the rocks at Churston point. Head injury, chipped tooth, history of epilepsy. Both lifeboats and the helimed helicopter all tasked. Lifeboat paramedics ashore to treat and stretcher the casualty to the ILB for a rapid relocation to the slipway at the old Astra Zeneca building.Image of Sea Tang Guest House webcam screen capture 09:40 Helimed landed at Zeneca car park . 09:45 Pan Pan cancelled. . . casualty taken to Torbay hospital by land ambulance and the helicopter took off and all done and dusted by around 10:15am. Listened in on the radios and watched developments on the brilliant Sea Tang Guest House webcam, AIS, etc. The image I've included here is a screen capture from that webcam of the helicopter on the ground in the car park adjacent to the old Astra Zeneca building. . PCd a bit of this . . .slowly walked up and down the lane out back with Bella again. She unexpectedly ended up being sick a bit in front of one of the neighbours! . . sat around . . . Mum called in. Bella barked when the gate went and bounded down the path barking like usual. She also ate all the mini meatballs Mum gave her as a treat. . . . ate a large sausage roll, crisps and a banana . . . napped. . .TVd the day off . . .tempted Bella to eat just a little by giving her the last two chicken thighs and the remaining meatballs mum had brought . . . ate two ham baps, multiple bags of crisps, three apple pies, bowls of co co pops and a little chocolate. . . to bed around 1am.
24 - Up just before 9am. 20C in, 16C out. Rainy. . the 'country' has voted to leave the EU. Disappointed but not surprised. . . walked up and down the back lane a couple of times with Bella loose, just seeing how up for it she was and how she was moving.

. . sat around . . . napped . . . ate a pasty, crisps, banana and a little chocolate . . . DF called in for arguments. . . tempted Bella to eat three defrosted chicken thighs . . . ate biscuits and then later on a pack of jaffa cakes . . . to bed around 2am.
23 - Woken earlier more than once by the irritating barking from next door's dog. Snoozed on then up just gone 9am! 20C in, 20C out. Sunny. . . didn't dare trying to walk Bella again after yesterday. Just sat around in the garden with her for quite a while . . . left Bella home alone and walked down town to vote in the EU in/out referendum. Felt horrible being out without her by my side. Quickly shopped for a few supplies. Had to wait in a queue for the tills for quite a while and ended up having to fight shaking legs! Nerves? FFS!!! What an absolute basket case I have become! :o( Straight back home . . . ate two large sausage rolls, crisps, coleslaw and banana. . . napped until around 6pm. Woke feeling sick. . . did just some of the mountain of dish washing chores . . . managed to tempt Bella to eat the last couple of chicken thighs (which she'd refused yesterday) but otherwise, she pretty much refused everything else. Other than the fact that she's obviously VERY unwell and just lays around hardly moving (and at times apparantly hardly breathing!) she doesn't actually 'appear' to be in pain as such, or overtly suffering, so it seems 'reasonable' to just continue like this for a while longer I think? So SO difficult to know what to do for the best. . . TVd and watched the early referendum results coming in until to bed before 2am.
22 - Up around 9am with next doors piano. 19C in, 16C out. Foggy. . .walked late to Bgdns real slowly. Just sat around by my favourite gun emplacement for ages watching the fog slowly thin. Bella didn't seem to want to do anything other than sit around with her ball being stroked lots. Moved up to the higher seat for my coffee and more sitting before eventually starting to head home. Very quickly had Bella acting like she did yesterday, hanging behind and seeming to labour over the slow walk. Stopped along the way more than once to let Bella pause and recover a little. She seemed to be starting to exhibit that 'trembling' thing again, which got so noticeable at one point about half the way back (near the old cricket ground estate), I got her to just lay down on the pavement for a while! A woman in a car pulled up and offered to give us a lift either home or to the vets. I very gratefully accepted a lift - straight home. It's oh SO hard for me to try to figure out what is for the best, but I really don't think there is much point in further vet visits to try and prolong things. . .sat around with Bella. Had a cry for a bit. . . touched base with Mum and let her know the situation. . . touched base with the vet and confirmed 'things' were the same as when Sally went, and the 'procedure' could be the same at the time of my choosing (home visit/taken away for cremation, etc, etc). :o( Not long now - but not yet. How utterly absurd that seems - but just not 'quite' yet!!!???????Jeeze I SO hate playing 'god'. :o(

napped. . . TVd the night off . . .no appetite. Ate just a couple of bananas, a handful of biscuits and some chocolate. . managed to get Bella to eat a little by defrosting some chicken thighs and giving her three of them. After waiting for a while and making sure she wasn't going to be sick, I then gave her the remaining two from the packet - which she then refused! Immediately after she did however eat the last bite of my bananas and a few cream biscuits. Makes no sense at all does it? . . . to bed around 1:30am.
21 - Up around 9am. 19C in, 16C out. Bright grey. . .walked BGdns. A long slow walk just to get there, with Bella stoping to pee every few yards - literally! Mostly just sat around for ages, although there were times when Bella acted her usual self and chased some crows and her ball, etc. She seemed to be up-for-it, so we eventually carried on down to the harbour. That pretty much turned out to be a big mistake

shopped for a few supplies before eventually starting to slowly head home.

Had to stop on several occasions to let Bella rest/recover a bit. Even ended up having her lay down on the pavement only a hundred meters or so from the house, when she started to get all shakey. Just sat there with her for a bit - which embarassingly saw a passing postal van reverse back up the road to make sure 'I' was ok!

ate a couple of going cheap microwaveable cheeseburgers . . . napped until around 7pm . . . TVd the evening off. Ate a pack of jaffa cakes, a pack of oven heated chicken pieces, biscuits and bowls of creamy co co pops . . managed to tempt Bella to eat the last couple of chicken thighs, but other than that, she refused to eat again - even the chicken pieces/jaffa cakes 'I' ate! . . . to bed after 1am with poor Bella's stomach making the most awful loud gurgling - enough to keep me awake for quite a while. Poor poor dog. :o(
20 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up just before 9am again! 18C in, 16C out. Raining. . .walked BGdns . . . PCd. Spent hours knocking up a timlapse of the end of the trawler race set to the Benny Hill music (made me laugh), only to then have Facebook refuse to post it because of the music copyright breach. :o( Uploaded it mute for what little it's worth.
Trawler race end Facebook Post>
Silly Crow Facebook Post>

. . . TVd . . . ate a pack of chicken bits and a pack of miniature meatballs with bags of crisps followed by biscuits . . . TVd/PCd until to bed around 2am.
19 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 9am! 18C in, 16C out. Grey. . .walked BGdns and just sat around for ages. Eventually straight back as rain fell . . . ate crisps and a pack of meatballs . . .slept . . . TVd . . . ate jaffa cakes, frosties, three chicken thighs and a little chocolate . . . back to bed at 1am.
18 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8:45am. 20C in, 17C out. Grey. . . was just about to give Bella her morning tablets in the kitchen like usual, and she promptly threw up before I'd done so! :o( Washed down carpet tiles and left them in the garden to dry a bit. . . slowly woke at the PC as usual very late. Touched base with Mum and confirmed she won't be calling in later - freeing me to take the (trawler Race) day as it comes. . .eventually slowly walked to BGdns, with Bella stopping every few yards to pee all along the way again. :o( . sat atop my favourite searchlight gun emplacement and watched the trawler race procession from start to finish, half heartedly filming just a bit here and there. . back via the store for a few supplies and then stopped in at Mum's for a brief chat and coffee in the garden before eventually home. . .ate two miniature pork pies, banana and crisps . . . napped . . . PCd and eventually knocked up a few trawler race timelapse video clips .

English Riviera Wheel Facebook Post>
Ore Stone Facebook Post>
Breakwater Light Facebook Post>

. . ate a packet of going cheap/out of date chicken drumsticks followed by bowls of creamy frosties and a bunch of chocolate biscuits . . .to bed around 2am.
17 - Up around 8am feeling lousy. 18C in, 14C out. Damp and grey. . . walked bgdns very slowly. Sat around for ages before straight home via the store for a few supplies . . . ate two corned beef, mayo and grated cheese finger rolls with crisps . . . slept the afternoon off . . . TVd . . .ate chicken drumsticks, a pack of meatball bites, a banana, jaffa cakes and chocolate . . . to bed around 1am.
16 - Up around 8:30am. 20C in, 18C out. Sunny. . .walked BGdns. Back via the store for a few going-cheap supplies . . . PCd and got round to scanning in and then uploading Bella's prescription as part of the on line ordering process for her (most expensive) tablets. Only ordered the first 100 ! . . . TVd . . ate half a chicken on its own, jaffa cakes, banana and chocolate . . . to bed before 1am.
15 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8:30am. 19C in, 15C out. Grey breezy and damp . . . walked BGdns very slowly. Sat around for ages and then straight back home and pretty much straight back to bed to sleep off as much of the day as possible! :o( . . .TVd . . .ate a pastry slice, sausage roll, crisps, banana, jaffa cakes and chocolate . . . back to bed at 1:30am.
14 - Up around 8:30am. 19C in, 17C out. . .slow getting going. Walked late to BGdns - very slowly! Bella is definitely not herself. It's as though she's suddenly aged several years. Just sat around in the gardens for ages, sometimes sheltering from bits of rain in the gun emplacement. Bella is refusing all food at the moment, including even her usual garvy bone treats etc. :o( . . Pan Pan comms on the scanner suggested a yacht and fishing boat had somehow colided not far from the breakwater!?

film crew down the harbour.

Singled-out, bullied and intimidated by security guards. . . The Great British Breakfast Facebook Post link>


. . . retreated from my very black mood back to bed. Napped until around 6pm . . . PCd and posted to Brixham Fishing and Brixham and Devon Photos on facebook etc . . . TVd the day off . . . ate a packet of chicken bites with mayo, jaffa cakes and co co pops . . . to bed around 12:30am.
13 - Up around 8:45am. 19C in, 17C out. Bella was surprisingly still in the bedroom on her bed - which was covered in sick. Actually, it is possible that happened the night before and I just didn't notice, because of all the mess in the living room, etc?!! The living room carpet stinks horribly. :o( . . Bella still not 'quite' right on her feet, managed to get downstairs 'ok' and wanted straight out into the garden for much peeing. . . gave her her tablets and then when Bella came back upstairs as usual, woke at the PC as usual. . . put Bella's bed duvet cover and a couple of her towels in the wash . . . Bella seemed 'almost' her normal self, so I nervously decided to try walking a bit

golf cart etc destroyed and dumped in the gardens

Golf cart Facebook Post>

back via the store for a few supplies . . .

PCd aimlessly poking at bits of video etc

ate the last of the stew, crisps, jaffa cakes, bowls of creamy co-co pops and a little chocolate. . Bella reluctant to eat again, WAS tempted by a couple of small scotch eggs . . . TVd until bed around 1:30am.
12 - Up around 8:30am. 19C in, 16C out. Mostly cloud with some sunny breaks. Uh oh - Bella was NOT in the bedroom when I woke. Awww jeeze - the whole of the living room carpet was covered in where she'd been sick. Absolutely all over the place, with a little in the kitchen too! Just shut her out in the garden and retreated to wake up at the PC for a bit before trying to tackle the impossible job of cleaning it all up. :o( . . . put Bella's water bowl out in the garden with her and she drank probably a good two bowls full over the course of the next few hours!? She was also sick some more, throwing up some of that water on the lawn, so she ended up havinng to just stay out in the garden the whole morning. Eventually cleaned up the living room carpet as best I could - which really wasn't possible very much! :o( Hosed a couple of the kitchen carpet tiles down and put them in the garden in the sunny spells to dry. Vacuumed around the place a bit. . . eventually ate a couple of biscuits and gathered up camcorder, tripod, radios etc and eventually set off a little after 1pm with Bella for BGdns to see the Paignton air display again - or at least that was the plan! Only got around twenty feet up the road before Bella was walking weird and clearly in some distress. She even started yelping / loudly crying - obviously in some sort of pain somehow!???? That even had a neighbour or two come rushing out

'trembling' back legs?

listened to the airshow on the radios, and occasionaly stood in the back garden to see whatever of it I could see. Saw some wonderful views of the red arrows. Also saw distant views of the Typhoon doing circuits in a holding pattern off Berry Head before it eventually ran in across the bay to start its display. Only the briefest of distant glimpses from then on, but still worth standing in the garden, just to hear the extraordinary noise of the thing. Pure brutal power. Just wonderful.

just sat around and TVd the rest of the day away, just 'being with' Bella as she just lay around hardly moving.

ate a sausage roll and crisps, followed later by some stew, bread and butter, biscuits and chocolate. . .

. . to bed whenever.
11 - Woke earlier more than once then up around 9:15am. 19C in, 16C out. Grey and a hint of light rain again. . .postponed walking till later. Woke at the PC as usual before ending up doing just some of the dish washing chores. . ate a bunch of biscuits . . .Cooked up a pot of mince stew . . . walked BGdns and filmed the airshow from atop my favourite searchlight gun emplacement

. . . TVd . . . ate stew with four pieces of bread and butter and a bag of crisps followed by biscuits . . . to bed around 1am.
10 - Up around 8am. Headachey. 19C in, 14C out. Light rain. . .walked Bgdns, and soon down to the harbour, taking a few fishing boat pictures around the place in spite of the increasing rain.

shopped for a few supplies on the way through town and then picked up my repeat fluoxetine prescription

. . . PCd pictures . . . ate a handful of small sausage rolls with crisps . . . napped . . . walked down through town and up to BGdns in a light rain to watch the first of the air displays - IF it happened given the poor weather/visibilty etc.

. . . PCd the snip of footage for hours . . . ate a pasty and crisps in some down time . . PCd until gone 3am before finally to bed.
9 - Up around 7:40am. 21C in, 15C out. Foggy! . . . walked Bgdns and down to the harbour for my coffee, taking a few fishing photos along the way. The fog persisted pretty much all the time I was out. . eventually straight home through town. . . PCd pictures and posted to Facebook etc . . . napped until around 7pm . . . TVd . . .drank the last glass and a bit of red wine, and ate the last of the biscuits in the house . . . ate an oven cooked pepperoni pizza with extra cheese . . . to bed around 1am.
8 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8:15am still with a headache. Annadin and fluoxetine for breakfast! . 20C in, 16C out. Sunny . . . Sis1 arrived from Mums to join us for the morning walk . . . all walked Bgdns and then down to the harbour in the hot sun. 'Forced' to have a coffee outside a cafe

back up to BGdns for more sitting around before eventually back to sit in mum's garden with a coffee for a bit before eventually heading home . . ate ham sandwiches and crisps . . napped until around 7pm . . . TVd/guitarred. . . ate a banana and then a whole large pack of oven cooked chicken pieces followed by chocolate . Uh oh! One of my upper main front teeth snapped off and fell out!! WTF?! :o( . . to bed before 1am.
7 - Poor broken sleep then up around 8am. 20C in, 16C out. Grey and misty after some rain . . .walked BGdns and then down to the harbour to sit for my coffee. Drew out some money and shopped for a few supplies on the way home through town . . . PCd for a bit feeling hot and headachey. . . ate two spicey pork things in four peieces of bread and butter followed by a banana and biscuits . . . slept until around 6pm only to wake with the same headache. . . TVd the evening off. Sis1 is at Mums . . . ate bowls of co-co pops . . . to bed before midnight.
6 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8:30am. 20C in, 16C out. Bright but hazey sun again. . .walked across town to the vet to pick up the repeat perscription he was too busy to print out the other day. .

dropped the paper into the doctors surgery for a repeat prescription of my fluoxetine tablets . . sat under the old fish market roof for a while . . . back up to BGdns and eventually home

mowed both lawns . . vacuumed . . . ate chicken nuggets with chips . . . napped until around 7pm . . . TVd . . . trimmed my hair/beard etc . . did laundry . . . drank a glass of red wine. . . ate bowls of creamy co-co pops
5 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8am. 19C in, 16C out. Hazey sun. . . walked BGdns, the small park past the breakwater to sit around for quite a long while then back to under the old fish market roof for my coffee. Heading back alongside the outer harbour towards BGdns at low tide, I spotted a push bike thrown in the sea (again)! That's the same bike I pulled out of the water a while ago! Managed to clamber over the slippery seaweed covered rocks and retrieve it - again. Ended up wheeling it all the way back to leave propped against one of the refuse bins not far from the yacht club in the hope that this time it'll be taken away and not end up thrown straight back in the water again by some idiot. . eventually back up through BGdns and home via the store for a few supplies. . . . ate some weird cheap spicy and rather nice German pork burger type things with some chips and mayo . . . napped the afternoon away until around 6pm . . . sat around quietly not feeling right (as ever!) /guitarred/TVd the evening off . . . ate a beef finger roll with crisps followed by a whole battenburg cake and a little chocolate . . . to bed around 1am.
4 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8:30am. 19C in, 13C out. Bright but cloudy. Muhammad-Ali has died . . . walked BGdns and on down to the harbour for my coffee, taking a few boat photos along the way. Straight home through busy town . . . Mum called in with food doantions and the papers for chats etc . . .PCd boat pictures . . . ate a corned beef, mayo and grated cheese finger roll with crisps and then some chocolate biscuits . . . napped until around 7pm . . . walked BGdns and then on down to sit under the old fish market roof for my coffee. Very warm. Busy around all the pubs and bars etc. An alien world to me. . . TVd . . drank a glass of red wine. Ate a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese. In the middle of my pizza one of my few remaining front upper rotten teeth suddenly snapped off and fell out! :o( . . . to bed by 1am.
3 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up just after 8am. 18C in, 11C out. Grey to start again. . . walked Bgdns, down to the harbour, out to the park past the breakwater and back. Sat under the old fish market for my coffee before eventually back to BGdns and then home . . . PCd Brixham Fishing facebook pics . . . ate corned beef, cheese and mayo sandwiches with crisps . . . napped . . . TVd . . ate bowls of co co pops and half a packet of chocolate biscuits . . . TVd/PCd until to bed gone 2:30am.
2 - Woke earlier a couple of times, snoozed on then up around 8am. 19C in, 12C out. Grey. A much smaller trace of leakage from Bella in her bed this morning thank goodness. . . walked BGdns. Quite a fresh north easterly type breeze making waves and a swell on the waters of the bay. No ferries running again today as a result. . eventually walked down around the harbour and all the way out to the park past the breakwater to sit around for quite a while hoping to see a boat or two going out but there was none. The wind and waves gradually both subsided as the day wore on and we were soon overheating in the sun. . back to the inner harbour for my coffee and then ended up hanging around on the viewing platform for ages taking a few fishing boat type photos. Image of a cameraman in BrixhamSome young guy was filming (professional video camera) around the fish quay, presumably doing some stuff for a EU referendum report maybe? Seems like many (most?) of the fisherman want out of the EU (because of the fishing policy/quotas/etc) and there are a few with 'Brexit' type flags flying from their boats - one of which seemed to be the focus for that cameraman. Whenever I see such a person filming stuff, I can't resist pointing MY camcorder at them! Got a few cracking shots of the guy, if I say so myself. lol . . . home via the local store for a few supplies . . ate a ham, mayo and grated cheese finger roll with crisps and a banana . . . napped . . . PCd photos for ages . . . TVd. Opened a bottle Sis1 left last time she was here and drank a glass of red wine . . ate a beef slice finger roll, crisps, banana, biscuits and a little chocolate . . . to bed around midnight.
1 - Woke earlier several times (with the unpleasant odor!) then up around 7:45am. 19C in, 14C out. Grey after rain. Bella had wet her bed again - totally soaked - and was absolutely stinking with it all in her fur. Otherwise acting normally. :o( . . .rang up and made an appointment to go see the vet. . . walked and mostly sheltered from a hint of drizzle in the usual gun emplacement before eventually going down to the harbour to sit around for a just a while before heading home through town. . . felt very down and SO in need of going back to sleep. . . ate a ham sandwich, crisps and a banana. . . walked to the vet for my 2:40pm appointment

seemed pleased by her heart beat

antibiotics 50

. . harbour . . BGdns. . home

napped. . .TVd . . gave Bella the first of her antibiotics with her other evening tablets. . ate bowls of co co pops, biscuits, sausage roll, crisps and chocolate . . . to bed around 1:30am.