<<Return to My Diary

<My Diary Archive 2017 My Diary Archive>


30 - Up around 7:40am. 18C in 14C out. Grey and quite blowy. . uh oh. I discovered Bella has a loose and wobbley front tooth!!!! . . . walked BGdns late and eventually down around the harbour, out to sit on the breakwater and then back and ended up just sitting under the old fish market roof for absolutely ages. .home via the pet store for supplies . . .ate a pizza . . napped briefly . . . DF called in to talk about himself until around 10pm . . TVd . . aimlessly PCd, just surfing nonsense here and there until gone 5am before to bed!!
29 - Woke a little earlier then up around 8am. 18C in 12C out. Damp and grey. . .walked BGdns, the harbour, out to sit on the breakwater for a short while and then back to the harbour for my coffee. Ended up filming the swallows nest for an hour or so. Drew money out and shopped for a few supplies on the way home through town. . felt tired out and awful neck/back/headachey. . .ate bacon, eggs, chips and baked beans followed by ice cream and later on some apple pie and cream . . .to bed around midnight.
28 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 8:30am. 20C in 16C out. Rain. That's the first 'proper' rain for a long while . . messed around on the PC for ages, not eager to go out in the rain. . eventually walked BGdns getting on for midday, by which time the rain had stopped for a while. . sat around in Bgdns before ending up sheltering from more rain in the gun emplacement. Eventually headed down to the harbour and sheltered under the old fish market roof for my coffee before heading home through town in the rain . . .ate a pastie and crisps followed by a couple of chocolate biscuits . . . napped . . . vacuumed. .TVd/guitarred . . . cooked and ate bacon, egg and mushrooms with a couple of pieces of bread and butter followed by a pack of jaffa cakes . . to bed around 1:15am.
27 - Up around 6:30am. 20C in 16C out. Grey. . . walked BGdns late. Eventually on down to sit on a seat near the old coastguard station for my coffee. Inexplicably, the camcorder acted normally today whilst taking the few pictures I did!?? Home through town in a shower of rain . . .ate the remaining cold pizza from yesterday . . PCd catching up with posting some photos to FB . . the lifeboats and coastguard troops were all called out to do searches over Torquay way after a mayday call was reported by someone who'd heard it being broadcast on channel 5 apparantly!?? . . napped late for a couple of hours until around 8pm. Woke from a 'chased by a vilolent mob' type disturbing nightmare! . . TVd/guitarred a little. The lifeboats and CRTs were STILL out doing a big search in the bay, complete with Belgian navy ship Lobelia, royal navy ship Tyne and the coastguard helicopter which was just returning to resume after having refuelled at Exeter airport! Nothing at all was found by any of them, and eventually it all seemed to fizzle out as night descended. Another expensive false alarm with good intent no doubt. . . ate ham and mayo rolls with crisps followed by a bit of stale swiss role and an apple puff . . to bed before 2am.
26 - Woke earlier snoozed on then up around 8am. 21C in 19C out. Sunny spells. . . I think I have finally decided to cease with this, the website, and to just let it all expire and disappear. The hosting is due in a couple of weeks, and it really seems utterly pointless paying for and carrying on with it. It's become nothing but a chore and really has absolutely nothing of value to say anymore, if it ever did. I'm done with it.

walked BGdns, down to the harbour and then somehow managed to keep going and ended up walking all the way up to the lighthouse on Berry Head in the mostly sunny. As usual it felt all kinda bleak and exposed up there, and not somewhere I ever seem to feel 'comfortable' being. Managed to spot a distant dolphin or porpoise fin or two, but nothing worth even trying to film. The camcorder continues to exhibit its recent behaviour of CONTINUALLY re-setting itself and asking if I want to set up a wi-fi connection EVERY time I pull it out of my pocket to try to take a photo!! It's reached the point where I could almost just throw it into the sea over the cliffs! No altering of ANY of the settings (including a factory reset type selection) makes ANY difference to the behaviour. I'm starting to think it's actually faulty. :o( . . eventually back towards the harbour. Near Shoalstone beach some guy was all set up with a spotter telescope and chatting on a VHF radio. Decided to have a rest in the shade of one of the old shelters there and listened-in for a brief while. Even ended up having a brief polite (pointless) chat after he'd finished his (pointless) QSO! . sat in the park near the breakwater for quite a while. Actually sat there and went through every possible available option on the camcorder once again, but all to no avail - again. . returned to bgdns and sat atop the gun emplacement for a short while before then heading back via the local stores for supplies - including five packs of tobacco! . . drank a glass of red wine and then ate half a large going cheap meat pizza followed by ice cream, chocolate milk and a couple of apple puff pastries. . . TVd until to bed around 2am.
25 - Up around 8:30am. 21C in 19C out. Bright but grey and breezy. . tired, aching, headachey and down . .walked BGdns and just sat around feeling lousy for ages. . eventually ended up heading down to the harbour and sitting with Bella on the floor under the old fish market roof for at least an hour or two!! A holiday maker gave Bella an unwanted tub of ice cream . .shopped and home through town . . ate a dozen miniature sausage rolls with crisps . . . napped shortly after the Devon air ambulance had landed somewhere nearby - probably on FGn. Woke around 7:15pm . . TVd/guitarred another night off . . ate six cheese covered crumpets and then a large amount of icecream . . . to bed around 2am.
24 - Up at 8am. 21C in 18C out. Grey. .walked bgdns. Carried on down towards the harbour but ended up sat on the old slipway by the yacht club for quite a long while filming, when I confirmed that the young swallows in the nest in the top rung of the quayside ladder had hatched and were now being fed. Five bright yellow mouths at the moment. . eventually carried on around the harbour and out to the small park past the breakwater for a while. . back to the inner harbour steps for my coffee and then more filming of the swallows on the old slipway. . eventually home via BGdns and the local store for a few supplies . . .PCd trimming down the swallow footage . . N phoned and then called in for chats until around 10pm . . .PCd and edited out a small bit of the swallow footage to share on FB . . ate chicken coujons with mayo and a couple of pieces of bread and butter . . .asleep in the chair and then to bed around 3:30am.
23 - Up at 9am. 21C in 18C out. Grey. .walked BGdns and the harbour. . shopped for supplies in town on the way home . . . ate a meat pastry slice with crisps . . . napped . . . TVd . . drank wine. Ate two bits of cod with peas and chips followed by chcolate milk and jaffa cakes . . aimlessly PCd briefly before to bed around 1am or later.
22 - Up just before 8am. 23C in 17C+ out. Grey and feeling thankfully cooler. . . walked BGdns and then on down to the harbour and out to sit on the breakwater for a short while before heading back to the harbour. As had been advertised, the local BBC 'Spotlight' news program was to be broadcast live from Brixham tonight, and vans and equipment was all being set up near the old coastguard station/new Man and Boy statue. Managed to get a handful of pictures in passing, even of 'Justin' the presenter from a distance. lol Sat under the old fish market roof for my coffee before eventually heading home via FGn. . . ate cocktail sausages with crisps . . . napped . .mowed and strimmed both lawns. Almost destroyed the strimmer on the piece of angle iron which sticks out of the grass next to one of the fence posts!! That was the final straw. Dug down a bit and got the angle grinder out and after a bit of a battle, managed to cut the top off it and have it no longer protruding. At last! Briefly messed around with lifting just a couple of paving slabs and removing the weeds and grass growing around them before getting some cut up dog food bags layed beneath to resist further weed growth, like I have most everywhere else. It doesn't 'fully' prevent it returning, but almost, and sure does make for less de-weeding work around the place. . . TVd/PCd . . . ate bowls of co co pops and weetabix. . . to bed around 2am.
21 - Up at 8am. 24C+ in 23C+ out. Sunny. . . walked BGdns and the harbour to sit around with my coffee. . eventually headed back the way we'd come. Threw Bella's ball and let her cool down while swimming for it on the yacht club slipway for a short while. Returned to BGdns and sat atop the gun emplacement in the breeze and cool shade. Just there the high temperature was actually quite tolerable. . back via the store and pet store for supplies . . .PCd a few pictures . . ate a pasty and crisps followed by a banana milk drink . . . napped . . . guitarred/TVd . . drank wine and ate a pizza, swiss roll and chocolate ice cream . . to bed before 2am.
20 - Up around 8:30am. 24C+ in 21C+ out. Blue sky sunny again. . walked BGdns, the harbour and on out to JGdns just past the breakwater. Back to under the shade of the old market roof for my coffee and to sit around for a long while. Too hot for my liking. Bella had lots of attention and even was given a good portion of unwanted fish and chips by a holidaymaker. :o) . . shopped and home through town . . .ate a pasty, crisps and coleslaw followed by a few biscuits . . napped until 7pm . . . TVd/guitarred briefly . . . ate six cheese covered crumpets followed by a large bowl of chocolate ice cream with a tot of Baileys poured over it . . to bed around midnight.
19 - somewhere around 7am I DID have a bit of a lie down, in the 'down-time' as the PC compiled the first of the trawler race videos. Couldn't really seem to sleep much if at all, and was soon back up and straight back on the PC to eventually finish off the other two video parts - feeling woozy and not good through lack of sleep! Decided to NOT walk in the opressive heat, and to just keep pushing on to get the chore out of the way!!! . . at length, all three video parts were done and I started the marathon (around 3 hrs for EACH of the three video segments!!!) upload to Youtube going. . during various different periods of 'down time' whilst the PC was working, I DID manage to force myself to do dish washing and laundry including all the bed linen. . so SO hot around the place, I DID have worries about whether or not the PC could handle it, working hard non stop for so many hours! . . . ate chicken and chips . . . napped leaving the PC still running the uploads. . . TVd/guitarred . . . ate a pastie, crisps, coleslaw, a bit of a swiss roll and some ice cream . . . around 11:30pm the PC FINALLY succeeded in uploading all the T Race videos - AT LAST!! . . PCd posting a couple of links to them on FB etc . . eventually to bed around 4am!!
18 - Up around 8am, feeling hot and exhausted before even getting up! 23C+ in 21C+ out. Sunny and VERY warm already . . .walked late BGdns. Sat around in the shade for ages just feeling worn out, before eventually heading down to the harbour. Sat on the floor under the shade of the old fish market roof for absolutely ages, just watching the world go by. Very busy around the place. . shopped for supplies on the way home through town. . . ate a pasty, crisps and coleslaw . . napped for several hours! . . TVd . . PCd working on editing down the trawler race footage. A VERY long, difficult edit of all the little shots I got!! I really don't know how it happened, but somehow I ended up bashing away at it RIGHT throughout the short hours of night!
17 - Up around 7:15am. 21C+ in 18C+ out. Blue sky sunny and extraordinarily warm already . . .messed around on the PC for a bit . . walked BGdns and headed straight for the top of the usual gun emplacement. Sat there for the next few hours watching and filming the trawler race around the bay. It seemed to ME that there weren't 'quite' so many boats involved this year - but they did at least have STUNNING weather for it. Despite trying to be 'frugal' with the camcorder use, yet again I ended up running out of battery charge before the end!! That battery seems to be getting 'tired'. . . eventually home via the store . . ate a couple of microwave burgers in buns . . . napped . . . TVd/guitarred . . .ate chocolate ice cream, biscuits and co-co pops . . .PCd and went ahead and ordered a new higher capacity camcorder battery from a supplier on Amazon. . . messed around with video for a bit before eventually to bed around 4am.
16 - Up around 7:30am. 20C+ in 16C+ out. Blue sky sunny . . . ended up messing around for ages with my camera tripod collection, desperately trying to make one decent one up out of all the rubbishy ones I've ended up with. In the end after lots of messing around I just HAD to give up, because none of the bits are particularly interchangeable. Waste of time! . . . walked BGdns real late and eventually on down to the harbour. Most of the trawlers were in, all getting ready for tomorrows race, with several all festooned with bunting etc already. One Dutch one arrived while I was in Bgdns and allowed me to grab photos as it did etc. . carried on out to the small park past the breakwater, in the baking heat, and sat around in the shade there for quite a long while. Glancing at the breakwater beach as we headed back, it became apparant that at least one lady was sunbathing topless, only a matter of feet away from the cafe! That seemed a bit weird - or have times really changed that much? I resisted getting the camera out for that one! I'm sure it shouldn't, but it makes me feel 'awkward and uncomfortable' when I see such things - because of course the 'male' in me wants to have a bloody good look. . carried on up all the steps to teh high vantage point to get some 'overview' shots of the fish harbour with all the boats in etc. . ended up sat on the floor under the old fish market roof for my coffee. Actually seemed relatively quiet around the place. Ended up getting joined on the floor by a woman who maybe appeared to be somewhat tipsy, who wanted to fuss over Bella, and who ended up telling me all about how she's just moved back to Brixham from years in Italy etc, etc!! . . headed back along to BGdns and sat in the shade of the gun emplacement for ages more. It really was a just stunning summers day today. . .trimmed my hair etc. . PCd and posted a few of today's shots. . .TVd . . . ate chips and cold chicken followed by jaffa cakes . . to bed around 1am.
15 - Up around 7:30am. 20C+ in 18C out. Sunny spells turning to misty grey . .nasty headachey . . .slow getting going and eventually walked around 11am, after the grey had cleared to mostly sunny again. . walked BGdns to just sit around for ages and then down to the harbour. Let Bella cool off by swimming out for her ball near the old coastguard station just a bit before sitting around in the warm shade under cover of the old fish market roof for ages. . shopped for supplies before home through town . . .ate a whole large pack of cocktail sausages with crisps! . . . napped until 7pm . . guitarred/TVd . . .ate cold chicken, biscuits and a whole pack of mini battenburg cakes! . . .to bed around 2am.
14 - Up around 8:30am. 20C+ in and out. Sunny . . walked. Another stunning summers day. Mostly just sat around and took photos all over the place - like every day the same. .shopped for supplies on the way home. . .ate ham and mayo sandwiches, crisps and a banana . . napped for not even an hour before being woken by N calling in briefly for a cuppa!! . . . guitarred/TVd . . ate bowls of co-co pops with cream . . asleep in the chair. Woke and to bed whenever.
13 - Woke earlier, snoozed on then up around 7:50am. 20C in, 16C+ out. Sunny . . . walked late. Headed across FGn to have a quick look at the scene of the recent hanging-suicide. Flowers were all around the base of the big tree and even some photos pinned to the trunk! Carried on along to BGdns and eventually on down to the harbour. Ended up hanging around down there for ages. The local 'soroptimists' group were doing a fund raising stall selling stuff under the old fish market roof, and were joined mid afternoon by some sort of ukelele group performing songs! All just harmless fun. Couldn't resist capturing a bit of it all on video just for the record. . . eventually back up to FGn to sit around a bit more and then home via the pet store. . . PCd/guitarred/TVd . . .ate ham sandwiches with crisps and a tin of broth soup . . to bed around 2am.
12 - Up around 7:50am. 20C in, 14C out. Grey . . slow getting going. PCd for ages before walking quite late, feeling very very tired. . walked BGdns and then on down tto the harbour and straight to the post office to pick up the package of Bella's medication. . hung around the harbour for a while. A couple of conversations with people confirmed a young man had hung himself from a tree up on FGn on Friday night/saturday morning! . . shopped for a few supplies before home through town . . . ate ham and mayo sandwiches with crisps . . napped until the 7pm alarm . . .TVd/guitarred . . . ate six crumpets with cheese, jaffa cakes and then coco milk with biscuits . . to bed around 1am or earlier.
11 - Up around 8:10am. 20C in, 16C out. Sunny spells . . . walked BGdns and then the harbour. I'd eaten so little yesterday I decided to treat myself to a small bag of chips. 1.90!! Sat on the floor under the old fish market roof to eat them. . eventually carried on out to the park past the breakwater to sit around for ages more, just slightly sheltered there from the stiff breeze. Eventually back to the harbour, BGdns and ultimately home after having been out for somewhere near six hours or more! . . PCd photos to posts . . . ate a bag of crisps, banana, a pack of chicken coujons and then bowls of weetabix. . to bed before 1am.
10 - Up around 7:15am. 18C in, 13C out. Grey . . walked BGdns. The battery heritage group were all having a D Day commemeration around the gardens. I got to handle a few of the deactivated/replica weapons. . eventually carried on down to the harbour. A busker was singing with his guitar under the old fish market roof. I thought he was very good and managed to grab a couple of clips of video. . carried on out to the breakwater and the seating area nearby, specifically to take a load of photos of the place, before back to the harbour steps for my coffee. Passing a new harbourside bar or cafe which is being renovated, all of a sudden a piece of plywood which had presumably been propped up by the door, got blown over by the wind and hit Bella! She yelped more with shock than hurt as far as I could tell. Checking her over there appeared to be no injury, so without even having a go at anyone about it, we just carried on. Eventually headed all the way back up into BGdns as the drizzle that had been 'in the air' all day, turned heavier. Sheltered in the gun emplacement and under the roof for a while before eventually heading straight home in the increasing rain . . . PCd and uploaded the busker video . . .TVd/guitarred . . . ate a trio of cheese crumpets followed by three quarters of an apple pie with cream. Immediately asleep in the chair. Woke and to bed in the early hours. Adam West (Batman) has died.
9 - Back up around 8:45am. 19C in, 16C out. Some sunny spells between threatening clouds. . .annadin tablet. Eventually walked BGdns real late. Found someones credit card, a berry head cafe loyalty card and another piece of paper with a mobile phone number on it right next to the path down the bottom. Different people had only just walked past that very same spot, so it seemed likely to me that it'd all been dropped by one of them. I ended up rushing around trying to catch up with people to ask if it was theirs, but it turned out not to be. Seemed extraordinary to me that so many people had walked past it all on the ground, but not even noticed. People are just SO used to 'litter' everywhere, and stepping over and ignoring it!!! I decided it was possible someone had maybe dropped it on the way to the cafe on the beach instead, so we ended up going there. It immediately became apparant they had no customers at that time, so that too was a failure. Nevertheless, the people running the cafe were real helpful and offered to use their phone to call the number on the slip of paper I'd found with the card. Yayyyy - the person answered and they said they would walk back up from town and pick up their lost card from the cafe. Perfect - saving me the hassle of having to sort it all out later if possible. The cafe people took my name and number for reference and I left it with them. Nicely resolved. :o) . . returned to sitting on my usual seats and taking photos of this and that. . a little while later an elderly woman walking a retriever type dog had her dog refuse to come back to her as it rummaged amongst the undergrowth looking for rabbits on the cliff edge near where I was sat. From the crunching noises eminating from the undergrowth at one point, 'I' think it may even have been eating a rabbit!! It steadfastly refused to come back to her, so I eventually offered to climb down and put her lead on it and bring it back to her. A bit precarious on that cliff top with quite a drop to the rocks below, but I managed it without any drama, and was soon handing her back her dog. . . eventually headed down around the harbour and on out to the small park past the breakwater for a while. . on the way back we detoured up the steep flight of steps to take a couple of photos of the baywide view. . dropped back down to the harbour and sat on the bottom of the harbourside steps at the waterline for my coffee as the tide started to rapidly come back in. Sat there for quite a while, and could so easily have fallen asleep there in the warm hazey sun! . . shopped for a few supplies before home through town . . . PCd . . .ate a pizza . . DF called in for chats etc until around 10pm . . . ate a bit of apple pie with cream followed by a mug of cold milk mixed with a spoonful of cocoa and some sugar. Actually, that attempt at making my own chocolatey milk drink wasn't 'too' bad, despite it being hard to get a decent mix of things with just cold milk. Being almost a success was even more surprising considering the tin of cocoa has been sat in the back of my cupboard for SO long and was somewhere around NINE YEARS past it's 'best before' date!!!! lololol . . to bed around 1am.
8 - Woke earlier, lay there for a bit all aching then up around 7:30am. 18C in, 12C out. Rain . . .walked late BGdns and the harbour after the rain had mostly passed. Shopped for supplies, and then voted in the election on the way home through town. . .PCd . . ate a trio of buttered cheese covered crumpets . . N called in for chats coffee and biscuits etc until gone midnight. . . ate a pack of jaffa cakes and fell asleep in the chair with the TV on again. Woke and to bed around 4:30am.
7 - Up around 7am. 19C in, 15C out. Sunny . . .surfed looking at reconditioned PC systems from a local company . . walked BGdns and just sat around in the sunny spells for quite a while feeling very down. . straight home and ate a pasty and crisps. . mustered up the energy to have a go at the badly overgrowing lawns. The grass in the back garden was borderline far too long for the hover mower, so I ended up using mum's old wheeled mower with the slipping motor cooling fan-disc. Made the awful noise it does, but did the job nicely and better than the hover would have done with such long grass. . trimmed next door's front garden hedge with the hedge trimmer all along the disappearing fence/hedge-line. Nasty nasty job - that I really 'begrudge' having to do. It's awkward to do and always leaves me aching with the exertion of weilding the heavy trimmer over my head and at arms length etc. Left all the cuttings just 'stuffed' down between the hedge and the fence . .with rain forecast SOON, I quickly touched base with Mum and then went up and mowed her back lawn too. Got it done shortly before a hint of rain in the air arrived. . . PCd and set about compiling and uploading to Youtube the last three bits of the Saturday air show footage. Difficult to imagine anyone would actually want to watch the videos, but rather upload it all than not I figure - just 'for the record' like. . .TVd . . ate ham sandwiches, crisps and a Mum donated buttered chelsea bun thing . . TVd the evening off and to bed leaving the PC still uploading at around midnight. .
6 - Up around 7:30am. 19C in, 17C out. Sunny and breezy showers . . . walked BGdns quite late, and sheltered from the wind and showers in the gun emplacement for quite a while, after having taken some footage of a couple of seal in the cove. . carried on around the harbour and out to the breakwater to have a look at a yacht that was blown up onto the rocks near the lifeboat station. (Someone had posted pictures of it earlier). Very bizarre place for it to end up, and still upright and largely intact as far as one could tell. Totally high and dry at low tide! Sat on the seat above the end of the breakwater for just a short while before back to the relative shelter of the harbour and sat under the old fish market roof for my coffee . . shopped for supplies before heading home . . . ate a pastie and crisps . . PCd for hours doing video and posts etc. The PC really has become almost unuseable!!!! :o( For no apparant reason, all of a sudden it now won't play any of the Facebook videos!!???? . . TVd . . .ate ham and mayo sandwiches with crisps followed by some baileys and chocolate . . to bed before midnight.
5 - Up around 8:30am. 18C in and 12C out. Rain and wind. .terrible painful stomach cramps and an upset stomach! :o( . . PCd and left the PC running uploading air show videos to Youtube. Eventually walked. Just up the road a house had thrown an old coat hook rail out as rubbish. Couldn't resist knocking at the door and asking if I could have it, and pick it up later. They said yes. The piece of timber is rubbish and split, but the old fashioned simple bent aluminium hooks (like you used to have in school cloakrooms) are fully reuseable and I just couldn't resist 'saving' them. BGdns and sheltered in the gun emplacement for a while. The drabs of rain eased off so we headed for the harbour. A swallow was sat on the harbourside ladder rung preening its wet feathers in front of its nest. Sheltered under the old fish market roof for my coffee before buying a few going cheap supplies on the way home through town . . stopped off at athe neighbour's house and picked up the old coat hook rail . . . PCd the rest of the day away editing and uploading videos as a storm battered the house . . showered and did a few dish washing chores in some of the down time . . . TVd . . cooked and ate two cheese filled fish cakes with peas and chips followed by jaffa cakes . . . asleep in the chair and eventually woke and to bed in the early hours.
4 - Up around 8:30am. 19C+ in and 17C out. Sunny spells soon turning to forecast rain, before clearing again by early afternoon . . . a complete replay of yesterday pretty much - even managing to get my same vantage point 'encampment' atop the gun emplacement to my surprise! . . tried real hard not to waste the camcorder battery, and only took bits and pieces of most of the displays, but I STILL managed to run out of battery when the Typhoon was displaying. :o( Bella was marvellous and took it all in her stride again and just sat there with me for the almost four hours. . eventually home to review the footage. . rather disapointing most of it, but I DID manage to get some decent footage of the Chinook helicopter and even the parachute team. . ended up doing a short video of the parachutists and uploading it to FB. . TVd mostly the news, catching up on the details of the latest terrorist horror in London. :o( . . ate a miniature pasty with crisps, some weetabix and biscuits before to bed WELL before midnight.
3 - Up around 9:15am. 20C+ in and out. Sunny. . . messed around on the PC all morning before gathering up a rucksack of thermos of coffee, tripod, shower curtain to sit on, radios, water for Bella etc. Set off gone 1:30pm for BGdns to watch the distant Paignton air display out across the bay. Given I got down there 'just' before or shortly after the display start time at 2pm, I was amazed and delighted to find the top of my usual gun emplacement wasn't already occupied, so I was able to spread out and make myself at home there with Bella. . sat, watched and filmed for the next three hours and even then sat there for another hour just relaxing afterwards when I was all out of camcorder battery

a big noisy party nearby

. . . home via the store for supplies . . . PCd and reviewed the footage for ages before then knocking up a Silly video just for fun of Bella and then views of the Catalina flying boat, entitled on FB, 'Bella liked the cat.' lol . . .ate a pack of jaffa cakes and then a going cheap garlic pizza base with a mountain of sliced chicken and cheese. . to bed very soon after near midnight.
2 - Up around 9am from the noise of nearby building work. 19C+ in and out. Grey. .leaving the PC running all night was a waste of time! Ended up having to scrabble to recover from the Facebook glitch, and eventually ended up managing to get the photos up and viewable by others - all but three, but god knows which ones FB dropped, so I'm not going to worry about that after all those hours! . .oooh - an indication (from a like on a single photo) that the RN leader of the Saudi's HAS seen the pictures I've put up. Fingers crossed he's ok with them all, etc. . . . slow getting going AGAIN! PCd this . . .eventually walked BGdns only to end up sheltering from the rain in the gun emplacement for ages. Poor visibility across the bay, and HMS Somerset moored near Torquay for the Paignton air display weekend. . A very light drop of rain pretty much continued almost nonstop, so we eventualy headed down to the busy harbour. The swallow was sat on its nest behind the harbourside ladder as we passed. As I neared the old coastguard station/man and boy sculpture, all of a sudden there was an immense roar and a Typhoon went flying past around the bay pretty low. A short while later, as luck would have it, it made a second pass and I managed just a short clip of video as it did so. . sat that for my coffee before eventually heading home through town . .stopped off at the pet store to buy supplies and have a sack of food delivered later . . PCd uploading posts to FB etc. The dog food was delivered ok . . .DF called in for arguments coffee and biscuits until near 10pm . . ate a pack of six buttered crumpets with melted cheese, crisps and a pack of chicken slices. Immediately asleep in the chair! Woke in daylight around 4am and then to bed!!!!
1 - A bit more poor fitful sleep then up gone 9am! 20C in, 18C out. Sunny spells with a bit of mist. . PCd, late getting out. . yayy - a woman from the navy college phoned me back and I was able to direct her to the Saudi cadet photos and she said she'd bring them to the attention of those concerned. Excellent. Of course it'll probably backfire in some way! Maybe I'll end up getting raided by the anti terrorist troops because of my links to Saudi arabia? lol :o) . . walked real late and just hung around in BGdns for a while, kinda needing a day off from all the photo taking. Stunning day. . . ended up taking photos of flowers on the way home via the store, because in the beautiful warm sunny day, they all seemed to be particularly spectacular . . ate a pasty and crisps . PCd photos etc . . . managed to get the video of last night's sunset, torbay lights and drone put together and uploaded just around the time that N arrived with his guitar for coffee and chats until getting on for 10pm. What a pleasant difference to the infuriating arguments I always have with DF! . . . PCd yet more and attempted to creat a photo album on Facebook of all the heritage sailing pictures. Things did NOT go well, and I ended up leaving the damned crashing falling over PC running ALL night again!! . . .ate two chicken slice finger rolls and half a cheesecake . . to bed around 2am or later.